Extremely well-equipped Grand Soleil and with many updates since new. A stylish performance cruising boat ideal for those looking for adventures with style & performance.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Originally launched in 2008 (2007-model) for an Italian owner as ‘LUNATICO’ and with an invoice price of in excess of Euro 800,000, this hugely versatile Grand Soleil 56 boasts one of the most comprehensive inventories that we have seen in this model. Purchased by her current UK-based owners in 2013, and renamed ‘MAD MONKEY’, she was refitted and upgraded to prepare her for a 2-year circumnavigation with the World Cruising Club’s ‘World ARC’.
Her specification highlights are numerous, but particular highlights include:-
• Versatile 3-cabin, 3-head layout.
• Teak decks.
• Copper coated underwater sections.
• 2.74m (medium depth version) performance keel.
• Yanmar 100hp engine – overhauled 2019.
• Flex-o-Fold 3-bladed folding propeller.
• Paguro 9Kw variable speed generator.
• Schenker 24vDC watermaker.
• Replaced rod standing rigging (2016).
• Extensive sail wardrobe for all weathers.
• Mainsail with stack pack and lazy jacks.
• Roller furling genoa.
• Code-0 on a furler.
• Storm sails.
• Diesel heating.
• Retractable bowthruster.
• Watt & Sea retractable 600w hydro-generator.
• Rolls battery banks
• Harken winch package with electric control line and mainsheet winches
• Upgraded electric anchor windlass.
• Sprayhood, bimini, side enclosures and boom cover.
• Electric fans to the saloon, galley and sleeping cabins.
• Raymarine navigation electronics with Axiom plotter, AIS and radar system
• SSB radio
• WiFi booster and router
• Fridge, freezer and wine cooler
UK or EU* VAT paid, British Registered and ready for her next big adventure, MAD MONKEY is conveniently located on the UK’s Central South Coast, less than 2hrs from London’s Heathrow or Gatwick airports.
“Bought in 2013 with only 1 objective in mind - to circumnavigate safely short handed. As an Engineer, everything has always been professionally serviced and maintained. A full refit in 2016 by Maricom and TS Marine 1 year prior to our 2 year voyage.
We chose the Grand Soleil 56 amongst all others due to her stability and smooth ride, large cockpit (ideal for comfort and entertaining), fast cruising hull, ease of trim and setup, beautiful lines and flat clutter-free teak decks, lots of storage space, her large saloon space with 3 x large double bedrooms all en-suite. Built-in from the factory with air-conditioning and heating when required.
It was voted 'Best yacht in fleet' during our circumnavigation, she has been a real dream to sail and still is. Reason for selling is to buy a Charter Yacht and cruise even more! I am available for any questions and indeed a familiarization / training sail upon completion.”