Fantastically well-equipped, UK/EU VAT paid example of this modern cutter rigged raised-saloon bluewater cruiser.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
With over 50 years of boat building experience Wauquiez is a well established French builder with a reputation for producing high quality yachts with attractive modern styling. The Wauquiez Pilot Saloon 48 was launched in 2016 and proved to be an instant hit with those looking for a capable pilot saloon blue water cruiser.
ANGEL OF ALBA was acquired by her second and current owner in 2020 and imported to the UK; making her one of the few Wauquiez Pilot Saloon 48’s to be deemed as a UK VAT paid vessel (** with the possible option of repatriating her into Europe presale to preserve her original EU VAT paid status ** please contact us to discuss further).
Built for her original owner to his personal specification she is festooned with extras; some of her inventory highlights including:
• Yanmar 4JH 4HTE 110hp marine diesel engine
• Dual engine mounted alternators
• Onan 7KVA, 1500RPM, 230VAC, marine diesel generator
• Dessalator D100 water maker
• Quick bow thruster
• 6x 135Ah domestic batteries
• Independent batteries for engine starting and bow thruster / windlass batteries
• Cristec YPower 230VAC-12VDC / 60 amp battery charger x2
• Mastervolt MassSine 12VDC-230VAC / 2000w invertor
• Dometic Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system
• Jabsco Electric marine toilets x2 (2021)
• Holding tanks for each heads
• Dual water tanks
• B&G Zeus W12 Plotter/Radar display x2
• B&G Broadband 4G radar scanner
• B&G Triton Depth/Speed/Log/Wind display x5
• B&G Autopilot with I40 Triton control pad x2
• B&G V50 DSC VHF with AIS transceiver
• B&G H50 DSCVHF wireless remote handset
• Fusion Marine CD/DVD player with Bluetooth and NMEA2000 connectivity
• Bose Acoustimass V3 speaker system
• Deck stepped triple spreader cutter rig.
• Roller reefing genoa
• Self-tacking staysail
• Slab reefing mainsail
• Electric primary and secondary winches
• All new canvas work fitted in 2021
Reluctantly offered for sale due to a change in circumstances this exceptionally well-appointed yacht represents a rare opportunity to obtain a turnkey pilot saloon of this quality. The Wauquiez Pilot Saloon 48 ANGEL OF ALBA is available for immediate viewing on her pontoon berth in Poole, Dorset.
** Over 200 photographs available on request **
A perfect blue water cruiser, the Pilot Saloon 48 is the quintessence of Wauquiez’ expertise in terms of conception and high-end yacht building. The ‘‘Pilot Saloon’’ concept, launched by Henri Wauquiez 20 years ago, continue to attract many sailors looking for a versatile sailing yacht, matching every sailing program and offering comfort, brightness and high performance.
The powerful, versatile hull has been designed to endure the harshest sailing conditions. Equipped with a 2,35-meter bulb keel and a mast higher than 19,60 meters, the Pilot Saloon 48 is stiff and efficient in all points of sailing.
The sleek lines of the roof emphasize the yacht’s thoroughbred style. The uncluttered deck offers great visibility forward thanks to the flush deck hatches and the control lines lead aft to the cockpit. The cockpit is practical, safe and comfortable: the helm station is equipped with all necessary assistance for single-handed sailing (oversized winches placed at the helm station, an optional self-tacking track can be integrated). The transom opens up as a bathing platform and enables easy access to the tender garage..
True to the genuine ‘‘deck saloon concept’’, the saloon is on one single level and offers great panoramic sea views. Located in the gangway to port, the galley enjoys a great number of storage cabinets and all the comfort necessary to long journeys. The waxed teak used on all Wauquiez remains the dominant interior feature, while other materials (leather, stainless steel) give the Pilot Saloon 48 her thoroughly refined and modern style.
The owner’s aft cabin is large, with great storage space, its ensuite bathroom features a separate shower. Two guest cabins forward have all the comfort worthy of the greatest yachts. A bathroom is located near the 2 guests cabins. Both bathrooms (the owner‘s and the guests’) are equipped with a white-coloured stone resin vanity top, which underlines the contemporary spirit of the yacht’s interior design.