The Amel Super Maramu 2000 is a long distance blue water ketch-rigged cruiser packed with features like push-button electric furling and winches, water-maker and generator. It's the attention to detail that make Amels so desirable. The Amel Super Maramu is considered top of its class in terms of safety, construction, décor, security and handling considerations, both under power and under sail. The interior is Mahogany with two double cabins each with en-suite heads and spacious saloon, the Maramu is light and airy down below. The centre cockpit is a good size for entertaining with the helmsman's throne to port with all the necessary navigation equipment at your fingertips. Recent upgrades include Lithium batteries.
Viewing by appointment at our Grenada Office 473 403 9296.
The layout offers berths for up to 7/8 individuals with two separate double cabins. There is full standing headroom and good ventilation throughout. All external hatches may be secured from the inside with either pins or securable lines; both the saloon and after stateroom have reversible A/C units. Upholstered with velvet honey colored fabric, accented with satin varnished mahogany solid and multi-ply bulkheads and trim.
Forecabin: Large V-berth with ample storage and a hatch to the foredeck; this cabin can be converted into a three sleeper cabin with a double to port and single to starboard. Forward of this cabin is access to the bow thruster; aft is the head with shower, wash basin and marine toilet to port and a large hanging locker to starboard. This is followed by the second watertight bulkhead with gasketed door which leads to the main saloon.
Saloon: Situated amidships, there is a U-shaped settee and table (can seat up to 10) to port, and a bench settee to starboard which can be converted into a single birth with lee board. There are a number of lockers and storage areas above the seating area, under and behind the settees and below the sole with a selectable 24v freezer/fridge under the port settee.
Galley: Aft of this common area is the U-shaped galley to port and the nav station along with a large hanging locker with drawers to starboard. The companionway ladder to the cockpit is amidships. The fully equipped galley includes: Two-burner gimballed cooker with Eno oven; 220 v. dishwasher; freestanding, side opening fridge/freezer (2016); top opening selectable fridge/freezer; 220v washing machine; 220v microwave (2016); and a full complement of kitchen utensils and accessories.
Owner's Cabin: Aft of the navigation station is the passageway to the aft, ‘owner’s’ cabin. Outboard of the passageway to starboard is a single birth under which are the batteries. The entrance to the aft cabin is through another watertight bulkhead with gasketed door. The aft cabin has a queen bunk to port, and cushioned sitting area with desk/vanity & swing-out stool to starboard. There is lots of storage space, complete with safe, and an en-suite head with shower, washbasin, and electric marine toilet (new motor 2016).
On deck, there is deep center cockpit with a stationary helmsman chair which converts into a table. Hard dodger with opening, tinted plexi-glass windows (2016) which affords excellent visibility as well as good ventilation; electric, self-tailing winches for the various sheets; cockpit shower; and an enormous storage area under the port cockpit seat. On the transom, a stainless steel integrated arch with dinghy davits, wind generator(s) and solar panel (2016). There are two obsolete wind generators. A huge rear, partitioned lazarette provides storage for gas bottles (vented) and other deck related items.
Engine: The engine room is totally self-contained as one of the vessels water tight compartments and is located under the cockpit. It is accessed from the cockpit via a hydraulic operated, gasketed hatch. Down two steps, there is excellent access to the four cylinder Volvo Penta TMD 22B (4,500 hrs), rebuilt January 2022. The engine is facing forward with the power train going first to an angle drive transmission then down the aft end of the keel to another angle drive and thence exiting the keel through a bearing to the Autoprop feathering propeller (2017). Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. Single lever Morse control. 600 l fuel tank.
Generator: Onan 6.5kv (3,500 hrs); water maker; A/C unit; and hot water heater. The 24 v/50 l/h watermaker (rebuilt 2016) can be run by power-sharing from the wind/solar systems without the generator. The hot water heater may be run from either the main engine or 220v (recommend replacement next year because of a small leak).
Bow Thruster: Located aft of the forward water tight bulkhead is the Amel retractable bow thruster with spare propeller.
- 8 x 12v, 100 amp Ampere Time Lithium batteries delivering 400 amps to the 24 v system
- 1x12v engine start battery (2018)
- 12v, 105 amp engine alternator
- 24v, 55 amp alternator for house batteries (new 2022 but needs regulator to suit Lithium batteries)
- 240v, 50hz shore power system
- Mastervolt 220v, 100amp battery charger (2017)
- Amel Propeller shaft alternator (needs regulator to suit Lithium batteries)
- 900w, 24v to 110v/60hz inverter
- 24v to 12v transformers
- 2 x Aerogen wind generators not in use/need repair
- 2 x 260w Kyocera solar panels
- Victron MPPT 100/30 Bluetooth solar controller (2021)
- 220v outlets throughout
- LED lights throughout
- Misc. spares
Spars & Sails
Masthead rigged ketch. White painted aluminum masts and booms with in-mast furling. Stainless steel standing rigging(2016). Genoa furling system with dedicated electric winch. Main furling system has dedicated furling electric winch (motor needs replacing - vendor supplying) with in-mast manual backup winch and dedicated outhaul electric winch with Andersen Line Tender backup manual; mizzen has in-mast manual winch for furling with 2 x Lewmar 16 winches for the outhaul and sheet. All winches are Lewmar self-tailing with: 2 x 58 & 2 x 40 manual sheet winches. Lewmar 40 main sheet electric winch. On the main mast: 2 x 44 & 2 x 16 halyard winches. In the cockpit: Andersen LineTender for the main sheet traveller. 2 x downwind ballooner poles and 3 x ‘jockey’ poles.
- Radial mainsail (36 sq. m) – Hydranet
- Furling mizzen - 2014
- Hank-on staysail (33 sq. m) – used once
- Amel Ballooner
- Mizzen spinnaker
- Genoa - 2000
- Lofrans Tigress 1200w anchor windlass with remote in cockpit (new motor 2016)
- Rocna Vulcan 35 kg anchor with 100m of 12mm chain (2017)
- Brittany 25 kg anchor with 45m of 12mm chain and 50m rode
- Fortress FX-37 anchor with 30m of 8mm chain and 50m rode
- Stainless steel pulpit, stanchions and handrail
- Bimini with side panels (new 2018)
- Gas Grill
- Cockpit table & cockpit buffet table
- Cockpit cushions
- Paserelle/boarding ladder
- Cockpit shower
- Various warps, fenders, lines & boat hooks
- Steering compass
- B&G Hydra FFD log, speed, depth, wind speed & direction at chart table with repeaters in cockpit
- 2 x multi-purpose B&G gauges (2017)
2 x wind/boat speed analog backup displays
Toshiba Satellite laptop with MaxSea Time Zero with Furuno retail cards and open CPN software with electronic charts of world. Both systems are GPS and class B AIS protocol (came with boat, vendor never used)
- Paper charts for entire Caribbean
- Icom 718 SSB
- Icom M421 VHF with MMS
- Uniden handheld VHF (2021)
- Raymarine Autohelm 300 series with p70 colour display
- Backup chain drive automatic pilot
- Actisense NMEA0183 to NMEA2000 bi-directional converter with NMEA2000 back-bone (2017)
- Pactor PTC modem for sail mail, e-mail, & fax/weather
- Inmarsat satellite phone with antenna
- Naudet barometer recorder (with ink and paper refills)
- Navigation lights
- Fire extinguishers (may require servicing)
- Life Sling
- ResQlink EPIRB 406Mhz
- Radar reflector
- 2 x ResQlink Personal MOB PLB
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
- Throwing line
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pumps
- Emergency tiller
- Various life jackets and harness
- Sundry spares and manuals
Hull #204 built in 1997/1998 to French Maritime Marine Offshore Category #1 standards, the hull is of one piece laminated fiberglass; the deck is laminated with balsa core. There are 3 water tight bulkheads which with the engine room make 4 water tight compartments. Wing keel with skeg mounted rudder. Non-skid decks, wheel steering, reverse transom with molded steps.
- Highfield 310 dinghy with aluminium floor and lockable box
- Tohatsu 9.8hp outboard (2021)
- Short-range handheld radios for boat communication
- Sony MEX-XB100BT AM/FM radio, CD, satellite, Bluetooth, USB (2017) with two speakers in saloon and two in cockpit
- Eumenia washing machine (spin cycle needs repair)
- Spare fixed prop
- Planty of sapres and tools
- Assorted cutlery and linen
'Surreal' has been a great yacht and we are really sad to part with her. We have tried to maintain her to the highest standards, the bottom was last painted in 2022.
Surreal has USA Registration and there are no outstanding mortgages or encumbrances.
The company normally acts as brokers for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferaft, fire extinguishers and flares etc., are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on board as part of the sale of a used vessel, may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.