ABYA members benefit from:
- The broad range of knowledge within the membership, which can be shared either individually or via training events
- The opportunity to network with fellow industry professionals
- Access to the ABYA Academy training programme
- Links with insurers, lawyers and finance houses
- The ongoing contract with the MCA for registration measurement surveys
- Links with the YDSA for small commercial vessel coding requirements
- Bi-monthly e-newsletters providing varied information on events within the industry, new technologies, etc.
- A range of standard documents for the sale/purchase and listing of boats
- Access to a knowledgeable secretariat
Experienced brokers and agents can apply to join ABYA by submitting two sales files that show they understand the processes involved in professional boat sales.
Those coming new to brokerage should look at our Yacht Brokerage Course. Attendance on this two-day, intensive course, held several times each year, gives the option of membership to any delegate working as a broker who can submit a complete sales file and holding appropriate PI insurance. This membership is FREE for the first year.
Once in membership, you will be required to maintain your legal and technical knowledge and skills through a process of Continuous Professional Development.
Applying for membership
Practising brokers, dealers or new boat sales agents should request a membership pack using the details below, which will include details of documentation required, PI insurance information etc.
Re-election is available to those who have been out of membership for some time and wish to re-join.
Members are encouraged to upgrade to Full Member after suitable experience as an Accredited Member. Experienced brokers/agents may apply for membership as a Full Member.