STEP 1: MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PACK
To start the application process please request a membership application pack by telephoning or emailing us: +44 (0)1730 266430 | firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive an email with a link to an application form, a Membership Fees document, and guidance on preparation of sales files for submission. It is not intended that you produce identical sales files to the pack, but that you use these examples as guidance to the extent of information we are looking for in your sales files.
Any sales files you submit will be treated confidentially in line with data protection and current GDPR regulation.
STEP 2: APPLICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Applicants must complete an ABYA Membership Application form and provide all the required details and documents.
Required documents include:
- Listing Agreement
- Proof of KYC/AML checks
- Inventory / Sales Particulars
- Bills of Sale
- Builder’s Certificate
- Transcript of Registration (where appropriate)
- VAT Invoice/Status
- RCD Certificate or photo of RCD Plate
- Sale and Purchase Agreement
- Receipt for (a) deposit and (b) balance
- SSR or Part One Registration Certificate
- Management Statement – Buyer
- Completion Statement - Seller
STEP 3: APPLICATION AND ASSESSMENT DATES
- Once applications have been submitted their completed Membership forms, our ABYA Membership Coordinator will be in contact with details on how to pay the application fee.
- Fully completed application forms will be assessed at the next ABYA Committee Meeting (provided the application fee has also been paid).
- Please contact the ABYA Membership Coordinator if you have any questions - email@example.com
STEP 4: THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Applications are assessed by several ABYA Committee Members and applicants may be invited to attend an Assessment Panel (via Teams) to discuss their application and to ensure it is to the standard required for the requested level of Membership. Feedback will be provided via the office to the applicant and assessors often offer to talk through comments to help applicants further.
NB: PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY (PI) INSURANCE
We require members at all grades of professional membership to hold appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance. This PI Insurance is to cover a minimum of £100,000 each and every claim or £250,000 aggregate and cover the work done by the ABYA Member, and includes sufficient legal costs cover as well as boat value.
ABYA has a scheme with Winter & Co (Marine) who provide professional indemnity insurance for marine professionals and understand the cover needed by a yacht broker. Public Liability insurance is also required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01255 831111 or take a look at their website.